2011/01/06

Errands

A day out on the town. That is basically all this was today. Around nine in the morning, my biological clock woke me up, but it left me feeling exhausted. But by noon, I was out of the house taking care of unfinished business and buying food for the week. Just simple errands. Nothing too extravagant.

I made it home by three in the afternoon, at which point I promptly took an hour long nap, but it only felt like five minutes. And it was strange, because I swore I had fallen asleep on the couch, but I ended up in my bed on the second floor, without my plastic leg. I mean, I take it off before any nap or if I am going to bathe or something, and I was sure I took it off before falling asleep on the couch. After hobbling down the stairs, sure enough, my leg was resting on the coffee table, right where I remembered putting it.

Well, there was no use dwelling on that. There was more important things to do.

About this house. A few years ago, long after I had left the house in the first place, my parents just up and left without any prior notice. All in the same day, they canceled the electricity, the cable, everything that was needed to keep the house furnished. They left the house in my name, but since the house was long paid off, I had nothing to do to keep it in my possession. Since that day, I heard not a word from either of them. It was like they dropped off of the face of the Earth.

Jeeze, where has the time gone? I did not get to go over what I needed to, but tomorrow is always another day. Therapy tomorrow, then some house cleaning.


Adieu,
William A. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment